Following through on a new years resolution

One of the few creative things I can do is cook and bake, and tend to make things up as I go along. Here is my attempt to document my creativity.

Monday, March 22, 2010

The WTAH Bomb... a la Jill


This is a picture of what could be a really good night, or a really awful next day. This is debauchery in a glass. This is WTAH...more specifically, The WTAH Bomb.

First of all, I need to explain what is WTAH. WTAH is Wild Turkey American Honey. Is it the next phenomenon....maybe. It's bourbon but sweet. Then it goes down pretty easy, warms, and kinda burns after. It feels thicker going down. Overall, it's not too bad.

I have to admit. I am not the originator of the WTAH bomb, but I improved on it significantly. The end of a happy hour and a few drinks in later, Landon comes up with dropping the WTAH into a Newcastle. It's a brown ale, so it's already a little sweeter. But I felt that it could be taken to the next level. And Stronger.

In a bit of a drunken genius moment, I felt that the sweeter shot should be offset with something bitter. The IPA The Whiskey Girl had on tap was Stone IPA. Which not only my favorite IPA, but probably one of the best on the market. Some would say that it's a waste of good beer. But is an Irish car bomb a waste of a Guiness?? I think not.

Drink down a 1/3 Stone IPA, drop in a shot of WTAH. Chug. Make a face. Something involving an open mouth. Repeat. Let the good times roll! Or in case of this group of friends, let the drama begin.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, just when you thought...all I need is another reason to drink, along came WTAH! Although one vital piece of information is missing from this blog about responsible drinking. No, I don't care if you drive home afterwords just make sure after every shot of WTAH you shout, well....WTAH!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would not recommend doing this in a bar however. $400 later and we finally stumbled our way out of the bar. Best to do in your own home with your own WTAH!!!!

    ReplyDelete