Following through on a new years resolution

One of the few creative things I can do is cook and bake, and tend to make things up as I go along. Here is my attempt to document my creativity.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Chicken, Apple, and Cucumber Salad



The Workday Salad.

There's nothing like the workday salad to rely on. It's cool and refreshing, no heating required. You can eat a shitload of it and not feel guilty or have a food coma afterwards. And you can tell your friends "Look how good I'm doing on my diet, I'm eat SALADS at work".

I cooked a few times last week, but didn't post them. So I'm going to say that if you still prepare it at work, it still counts as cooking.











1.5 cups of chopped romaine (Organic from TJ's is a great buy)


1/2 an organic gala apple.


1/2 a cucumber, peeled and sliced


3 cooked chicken breast tenders. These were lime and cilantro flavored from Fresh and Easy


Drizzle of Balsamic Vinegar


Drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil





Place lettuce on a plate. Remove core and dice the apple. Assemble Cucumbers and dice chicken breasts. Drizzle vinegar and olive oil on top. Done.

2 comments:

  1. LOL - this is exactly what I think to myself when I eat my little TJ's salad. I will have to try this one, it looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete