Following through on a new years resolution

One of the few creative things I can do is cook and bake, and tend to make things up as I go along. Here is my attempt to document my creativity.

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Breakfast Tacos

I have way too many freaking corn tortillas. I made two grocery lists for two different stores. One for Costco, and one for TJ's. I accidentally put corn tortillas on both. So even though the store run was being done by the same person on the same day, it was still bought two different times from both stores. The result: 4 pounds of corn tortillas. Awesome. So here comes another corn tortilla recipe. While I watch the biathlon of cross country skiing and shooting targets. This is an olympic event. Awesome x 2.

Pam cooking spray
4 strips of turkey bacon
4 eggs
2 tbsp cream cheese

4 corn tortillas
shredded cheese mexican blend
salsa




Preheat pan for a few minutes on medium low heat. Do a quick spray of cooking spray. Cook turkey bacon until crisp on both sides. Drain on paper towels. Don't clean pan. Crack eggs place into the pan directly. Cook until whites turn white, add two tbsp of cream cheese and break it up into chunks with your fingers. Start breaking yolks and scrambling in the pan with a spatula. Cook through, but keep the eggs barely wet. In the meantime heat tortillas in the microwave or in a seperate pan. Place turkey bacon on the warm tortilla, top with some eggs, cheese, and salsa. Simple. Easy. Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment