Following through on a new years resolution

One of the few creative things I can do is cook and bake, and tend to make things up as I go along. Here is my attempt to document my creativity.

Monday, May 31, 2010

Choco Cran Nut Cookies


This cookie recipe is inspired by a cookie that I had at my friend Alysa's house. And also every other cookie I had from Mike's Pastry's in Boston had a lot of almond extract in it. So delicious. So this cookie's got chocolate, cranberries, and pecans in addition to the almond extract which also makes it a little different. I believe this was my first attempt to come up with a cookie recipe entirely on my own from start to finish, and not just tweak a current recipe, and it turned out pretty decent.

1 cup butter softened
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
2 tsp almond extract
2 eggs
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
3 cups flour
1 1/2 cups bittersweet dark chocolate chips (Ghirardeli)
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup pecans chopped.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter, sugars, eggs. Add extract. Beat on low or hand mix until fully creamed together. Add salt, baking soda, and baking powder and continue mixing. Add in the flour a 1/2 cup at a time. Stop mixing occasionally to scrape the bottom of the bowl. Mix until the dough is fully incorporated and moist. Add in chocolate chips, cranberries, and pecans. Drop by rounded teaspoon fulls on parchment paper. Bake for 11-13 minutes or until barely golden. Allow to cool for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.

1 comment:

  1. If I could make this over again, I would have added a teaspoon of vanilla extract in addition to the almond extract. And possibly a quarter cup of brown sugar.

    ReplyDelete