Following through on a new years resolution

One of the few creative things I can do is cook and bake, and tend to make things up as I go along. Here is my attempt to document my creativity.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Three Cheese Almost Margarita Pizza


Three Cheese Pizza. Because Sometimes you just want a plethora of cheeses in your mouth. But then sometimes you have other stuff around to make it better... and you end up making a something that's kinda margarita too. The thing that impressed me the most was that it only took me 15 minutes of prep time to put together this thing. And if you knew me, I never take 15 minutes to cook anything ever, unless it's raw like salad. and that usually takes me about 15 minutes. And I just about always parbake the Trader Joe's pizza dough. Otherwise the dough ends up raw and the ingredients are over cooked. If you parbake your dough is perfectly cooked=)
1 premade dough - Trader Joe's herb dough
1/3-1/2 jar of tomato basil sauce in a jar
1/2 a chunk of mozzarella
a handful of parm
goat cheese - about 1/3 of a small log
4 garlic cloves
a handful of fresh basil
Make sure your dough is almost room temperature by leaving it out about a 1/2 hour before you start. preheat oven to 450.
Roll out the dough on a board and spray a pizza pan or cookie sheet with Pam spray. Place the dough on the board and drizzle with olive oil. Par bake this crust for about 6 minutes. then pull out of the oven. While it is baking:
shred the mozzarella, mince garlice, and wash, dry, and slice the basil.
Now. Once the dough is par baked, spread the tomato basil sauce over the top. Top with the Parm. Then layer the mozzarella and goat cheese. Be sure to chunk out the goat cheese to distribute. Sprinkle the garlic then basil. Pop in the oven for 11 minutes. Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment